Although when we think of fitness, there’s a greater focus on the aesthetic appeal, there’s little that aesthetics have to do with it. The truly fit physical shape is one that lets you remain active and productive throughout your day. The perfect shape for you is the one that you love and the one that puts you at the least risk of developing medical complications.
Ultimately, the choice is yours. Bulky body types or lean muscle types each have their own respective advantages and disadvantages. So when you decide to choose either body type to work for, think about how it’ll help you live your life.
The Advantages of Bulking up and the Process
A bulky body is of course a really pumped up muscular body. Working towards this body requires you to spend longer hours in the gym and increasing your nutrient intake. When you work towards developing such a body, you need to make sure that you work out every single part of your body to preserve proportion and mass ratios.
The advantages of this body type include:
- It’s a great way to lose weight. Bulking up basically involves cutting out fat to replace it with muscle instead.
- It’s a great look and you’ll feel great when your work starts showing results.
- Building up muscle mass is actually quicker than cutting down for a leaner body.
There are a few disadvantages to this as well:
- You’ll be less flexible than before as your muscle mass increases.
- Sometimes people go overboard with their workouts and the look might not be as great as you might want it to be.
- It requires longer and much more intense workouts that you don’t have the time for.
Putting on Lean Muscle
Compared to gaining muscle, developing lean muscle is a little more difficult. With intense workouts, many people find it difficult to maintain their nutritional intake levels which are central to developing lean muscle.
However this body type is the easiest to maintain. Some advantages of having a lean body are:
- There’s greater strength as you begin to put on lean muscle. Sometimes having more muscle doesn’t always mean greater power.
- You’re going to get more flexible and your endurance is going to increase. The workouts for building a lean body are designed to achieve that goal.
- Easier to maintain this body type once you’ve achieved it. You might not even have to go to the gym.
- It’s a much more natural and aesthetically pleasing look. You can’t go wrong with this.
Trainer Joe’s Fitness Center in Palm Desert, California offers health and fitness training under expert fitness instructors. Our services include weight loss coaching and training Palm Desert, group fitness classes and creating health and wellness programs for our clients. Get in touch with us today for more information on our services or to work with our instructors for your fitness goals.