Looking for that strong, defined arm look? Then, you should give your bicep and triceps muscles extra attention. Looks aside, training these muscles can help in the long run as they improve arm mobility and overall joint health.
If you’re wondering about the best bicep and triceps workouts for females, you’ve come to the right place. We will discuss the effective workout routines women can do to engage the upper arm muscles. Whether hitting the gym or crushing it at home, we’ve developed the perfect workout you can follow anytime, anywhere. We’ve tackled everything from bicep and triceps workouts for females with dumbbells to effective training regimens without weights.
So, if you’re ready to feel the burn, join us as we help you flex your arm muscles to get that aesthetic physique you’re aiming for.
Benefits of Bicep and Triceps Workouts for Females:
Before we walk you through the bicep and triceps workouts to follow, let’s explore some of the benefits to help keep you motivated. Here’s what you need to know:
- A good upper arm workout can help improve your body physique. Engaging in a specific area leads to muscles tearing down and building again, giving them a more toned look.
- A brief arm workout every day can also prevent the chances of arm injury. Stronger muscles will ensure you can perform everyday tasks, like lifting, pushing, and pulling, without worry of risk. This will especially benefit women with babies and toddlers.
- Arm workouts also ensure better joint health.
- Upper arm workouts can also help with overall fat loss. Arm exercises are a great way to burn calories. Exercises combined with a good diet from a professional trainer can help with weight loss.
Biceps and Triceps Workouts for Females to Do at the Gym or Home:
Strong Bicep Workout Routine for Females:
The biceps or Bicep Brachii comprise the lateral upper arm muscles. They help with any activity associated with pulling. Here are some workouts for you to follow to get muscular arms:
Move Set 1: Traditional Curls
Equipment: Dumbbells (Weight depends on how much you can lift; start with 5 pounds)
Exercise Regimen: 3 Sets, 20 Reps
- First, stand completely straight, with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold each dumbbell at your side while keeping your back straight.
- Curl them upwards straight to your shoulder while ensuring your hands, palms, and lower arms remain still.
- As you reach the top, squeeze your upper arm and slowly lower the dumbbells to the starting position.
- This counts as one rep; complete 19 more to finish one set.
Move Set 2: Planks
Equipment: Floor mat or any smooth surface where you can extend to your whole body length.
Exercise Regimen: 3 Sets, 20 seconds
- Lie down on the floor, with your forearms and toes facing the floor on the floor mat or smooth surface.
- While keeping your back straight, neutralize your neck and spine by looking at the same spot.
- Don’t let any part of your body sag.
- Hold the position for 20 seconds to complete a single set.
Strong Triceps Workout Routine:
The triceps, short for Tricep Brachii, comprise the dorsal upper arm muscles. They help with any activity associated with pushing. They are a crucial muscle group comprising half of the arm muscles. Here are some simple triceps workouts for females to do at home.
Move Set 1: Dumbbells Close Grip Press
Equipment: Dumbbells (Weight depends on how much you can lift; start with 5 pounds) and a smooth and soft surface to lie on.
Exercise Regimen: 3 Sets, 20 Reps
- Lie on your back with your knees bent so both feet face the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in each arm while lifting them over your shoulder, ensuring your palms face inward so they face each other. Keep your arms shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells towards your chest while bending your elbows.
- Now, slowly raise the weights back to the starting position.
- This counts as one rep, 19 more to go to complete a single set.
Move Set 2: Push Ups
Equipment: A rigid and smooth surface where you can extend your body length.
Exercise Regimen: 3 Sets, 20 Reps
- Start on the floor on all fours, ensure your hands face the ground but are close to the chest, and keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Keep your back flat, your abs tight, and your glutes squeezed. Make sure your back, spine, and hips are straight.
- Now, lower yourself until you’re just a few centimeters away from the ground by bending your elbows such that they scrape the sides of your torso.
- Now, slowly move yourself to the starting position.
- This counts as one rep; do 19 more to complete a single set.
In conclusion, women can get well-toned arms by focusing on specific biceps and triceps workouts. By using the bicep and triceps workouts for females, you’re well on your way to achieving strong, attractive arms that level up your fitness game.
How Many Times Per Week Should I Train My Biceps and Triceps?
Aim for 2-3 times per week, with at least 48-hour intervals between each session for optimal muscle recovery.
Can I Build Toned Arms Without Getting Bulky?
Absolutely! If you aren’t looking for bulky arms, do reps with moderate weights. Ensure you follow a good diet plan and do exactly what the trainer says to get lean, well-toned arms.
Should I Focus on High or Low Weights When Training Biceps and Triceps?
If you aim to build arm strength, then go for higher weights, but if you want to improve muscle endurance and definition, go for bicep and triceps workouts for females with lower-weight dumbbells.
What Are Some Common Mistakes to Avoid When Training Biceps and Triceps?
Some common mistakes to avoid during bicep and triceps workouts for females include:
1. Not keeping the right form.
2. Using excessively heavy weights.
3. Not being consistent.
Can I Do Biceps and Triceps Workouts at Home Without Equipment?
Yes, workouts such as planks and pushups don’t require any equipment. All you need is a flat surface to lie on, and you’re ready to go.
What Are Some Good Triceps Exercises for Targeting the Back of the Arms?
Pushups and closed-grip dumbbell presses can directly engage the triceps muscles.
How Long Does It Take to See Results from Biceps and Triceps Workouts?
Consistency is key. You won’t see the results immediately, but the changes will come gradually. You can expect lean and toned arms in around eight weeks. This timeline may vary depending on other factors as well.
Should I Incorporate Cardio into My Arm Workouts for Better Results?
Cardio aids fat loss, so it’s not necessary to incorporate cardio with bicep and triceps workouts. Focus on a specific area each day rather than doing it all at once.
Are There Any Specific Dietary Recommendations for Building Lean and Toned Arms?
It’s best that you consult a professional trainer to learn the best diet to have while training. They can better assess your unique needs and requirements and help you plan a diet and exercise regimen accordingly.